- Planning effective digital projects with an introduction to content management platforms, and examples of work.
- Server basics
- HTML basics
- Hands-on Session: Critique digital history websites together: focus on
critical appraisal of digital work
- Hands-on Session: One-click install of Omeka
- Criteria for reviewing websites, Journal of American History http://www.journalofamericanhistory.org/submit/websitereviews.html
- “Site Planning Tips,” Omeka Documentation
- “When Not to Use Drupal,” Drupal for Humanists, http://drupal.forhumanists.org/book/when-not-use-drupal
- Introduction to HTML, Mozilla Developers Network
- Jeffrey Zeldman, “Understanding Web Design,” A List Apart (November 20, 2007). http://alistapart.com/article/understandingwebdesign
- Steven Krug, “How We Really Use the Web,” Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (2005, 2nd Edition).
- On choosing for your users and your content, Downgrading your Website, CooperHewitt Labs: http://labs.cooperhewitt.org/2014/downgrading-your-website-or-why-we-are-moving-to-wordpress/
- Sample digital history evaluation criteria
- Collaborators’ Bill of Rights