- Dan Cohen and Roy Rosenzweig, Doing Digital History: A Guide to Gathering, Preserving, and Presenting the Past on the Web (2005), Introduction and Chapter 1, https://chnm.gmu.edu/digitalhistory/
- Matthew K. Gold, “The Digital Humanities Moment,” Debates in the Digital Humanities, ed. Matthew K. Gold (2012). http://dhdebates.gc.cuny.edu/debates/text/2
- Kathleen Fitzpatrick, “The Humanities, Done Digitally,” Debates in the Digital Humanities, ed. Matthew K. Gold (2012). http://dhdebates.gc.cuny.edu/debates/text/30
- “Day of DH: Defining the Digital Humanities,” Debates in the Digital Humanities, ed. Matthew K. Gold (2012). http://dhdebates.gc.cuny.edu/debates/text/40
- Roger C. Schonfeld, Jennifer Rutner, “Supporting the Changing Research Practices of Historians” (Ithaka S+R, 2012). http://www.sr.ithaka.org/research-publications/supporting-changing-research-practices-historians
- “Interchange: The Promise of Digital History,” Journal of American History (2008). http://www.journalofamericanhistory.org/issues/952/interchange/index.html
- “Creating Your Web Presence: A Primer for Academics,” Profhacker (February 14, 2011). http://chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/creating-your-web-presence-a-primer-for-academics/30458
- Introduction to the digital humanities and digital history community
- Overview of different disciplinary approaches in digital humanities
- Hands-on Session: Sign up for ReClaim Hosting. Get a domain.
- Introduction to Digital Scholarship and Communication Platforms
- Hands-on Session: Sign up for Twitter, make a list of your classmates, assign hashtag: #doingdh14, Twitter list for Doing Digital History
- Hands-on Session: Real Simple Syndication feeds
- Hands-on Session: Install WordPress.